Welcome to my little corner of preparations for All Things Zombie. Here you'll find my progress of painting miniatures and preparing terrain, as well as any other little nerdiness that may sprout up. Enjoy, and please comment.

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Infecting Havensburgh 13 and a new Hero (Victory Force Zombies and Juno from Wargames Foundry)

Hey all, sorry in the delays, I've been feeling a little uninspired the past few weeks.   I've got a lot of areas in which I'm working on, but none seem to get to completion.   Well, not none, since these are the last of my Victory Force Zombies I picked up in a 50 pack oh so long ago.  To be fair, I believe this actually equals 48 zombies, as I've selected two that will be painted up as corpses instead.

Here are the zombies:


Good sculpts here as always, but nothing too spectacular about the first two.  In fact, I think this is the third time we've seen the second sculpt from the left.   The middle zombie however, is a bit more unique.  He was very tall, mustached and wearing shorts, which separated him quite a bit from the rest of the horde.  He has a vibe of a bit of a zookeeper or survival guide.  I like him.
Next up is another female.  She is a good sculpt but nothing too exciting.  I'm always happy to have more female zombies though.  And last up, is a bit of an oddball.  A zombie in a full snow suit.  I'm not sure he'll fit in with all the other zombies in their T-Shirts, but he is a little unique to say the least.

So to liven this post up a bit, as the VF zombies are a bit of a tired them here, I though I'd share another of my likely Hero characters for my ATZ campaign.  The character is a representation of my wife, Dawn Marie, and the sculpt is Juno of Juno's Crew (Wargames Foundry).  Dawn Marie is an office manager for a department of the government, hence the power suit.  When picking a sculpt for my wife, I o of course wanted one that not only resembled her somewhat, but was also dressed in something she would wear.  It's actually quite difficult to find realistically dressed female miniatures.  




Of course, since picking and painting this miniature, my wife has pretty much had a make over, and thus, almost never wears glasses anymore (contact lenses) and has ditched the blond highlights for a head of bleach blond hair.  Oh well, I tried.

Here are the heroes of my ATZ campaign:



Comments are appreciated as always.

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm a big fan too, and she doesn't mind admirers.

      Delete
  2. LOL watch it Fran's about! Well Done mate on getting so many zombies done. I agree sensibly clothed women is quite tricky. Nice selection though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could be in trouble, eh?
      Thanks Brummie.

      Delete
  3. I love the Juno figure. You've painted her hair very well. Such a shame your missus went for the bottle of bleach. Ho-hum, that's life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the Juno figure is among my favourite females.

      Delete
  4. I'm always a fan on including your wife in your ATZ campaigns. And you're right about finding one in sensible (or at least realistic) clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I look forward to including the wife in my campaigns, however, I feel I will be too attached to the character should she come to an unfortunate end.

      Delete
  5. Nice selection of Z's, originally I thought the last one was from Guantanemo !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, perhaps bright orange wasn't the best colour for a snowsuit, eh?

      Delete
  6. Nice job. I like the snow suit Zombie. I just have mine represent a Garbageman wearing a coverall. Nice job on Juno, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had considered coveralls, but the scarf led me away from them.

      Delete
  7. Great figures, the wifey figure is pretty cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think she looks great as a mini. Lots of attitude. You know as often as we women change our hair there's no way you could do just one sculpt to represent her. You'll have to do another one with her new look.

    You've gotten a lot more done than you think this year. Keep painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I think it is a great figure too. Ys, you all change your hair a lot. Actually, my ife hadn't done much to change her hair colour for a couple of years, until the recent blond change. It was ill timed, I think.

      I shall keep it up, just lose motivation from time to time.

      Delete
  9. Well done. The horde is growing. Good to remember to paint some survivors as well. And she is indeed looking good mate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Dawn is pretty awesome. I haven't read all of your posts so i may be out of the loop but is there an Adam figure as well? I'd like to see a Zwicker. A Pat Hickey would be epic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike. There is an Adam: http://adam-mph.blogspot.ca/2012/06/and-then-hero-comes-along.html
      Also have a planned Pat as well (purchased, but not painted).

      Delete