Welcome to my little corner of preparations for All Things Zombie. Here you'll find my progress of painting miniatures and preparing terrain, as well as any other little nerdiness that may sprout up. Enjoy, and please comment.

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Charity

Today's post won't be an update on the gaming or hobby world, but a post about the son of a friend of mine,  Austin.  Austin's father and I went to highschool together, and really have not been that close since.  We are still friendly when we cross paths at weddings or parties, but we don't keep in much contact.  Over the Christmas holidays I met up with him again at a party, where I was also lucky enough to meet his 4 year old son.   It wasn't until after he left I learned that Austin had been diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy
Bryan and his family are doing some fund raising  for a walk this month.  I don't have a lot of extra income.  Even when purchasing for my hobby, it is rarely a case of spending money on a whim, but more a matter of setting aside $10 or $20 at a time, until I have enough to make a purchase.  I was close to a making an order from Studio Miniatures this month, but decided to put that money towards this fundraising instead.  I don't donate to charity a lot, and since this charity will benefit someone I know personally, I felt good about doing it.
I know that none of my readers will have any connection to this story, but I thought I would share it nonetheless.  Maybe some of you would be able to contribute as well, as even donations of $5 would help, if enough people made them.

Anyways, I don't want to force this on anyone, so I will leave it at this point with a little video link about Austin and a link where you can donate.


Little Man Austin's Donation Page

Regular updates will come this week, thanks.

2 comments: